Jokake Director named SMPS Marketer of the Year
April 5, 2017
SMPS Arizona named Director Maisha Christian Hagan as the 2017 Marketer of the Year. The annual award is presented to the individual who demonstrates innovative and creative marketing strategies and is a shining example of marketing and/or business development for the industry. Maisha was selected based on her achievements in leadership, corporate culture, and marketing communications, as well as her commitment to the professional development and mentorship of others.
As Marketing Director and member of Jokake’s executive leadership team Maisha is responsible for implementing and achieving the company’s strategic goals. She leads all marketing activities including branding, business development support, content development, and internal and external campaigns.
Maisha is in her third year volunteering as Mentorship Program Chair. In 2016 she dramatically restructured the program to illicit more engagement from and provide more value to program participants. Now it’s second year of the revamp, the program offers protégés access to a panel of mentors rather than one individual, and hands-on application in lieu of monthly reporting. Results have included increased number of participants and 100% protégé engagement.
Maisha has a passion for people and a gift to teach – traits she uses as a trainer, facilitator and public speaker for audiences ranging from ten to 250. She facilitates strategic planning sessions and workshops and speaks at association meetings, conferences and events for:
- Society of Marketing Professional Services (Southwest and Missouri Valley Regions)
- Southern Arizona Architects and Engineers Marketing Association (SAAEMA)
- Society for Design Administration (SDA)
- Women in Transportation Seminar (WTS)
- Junior League of Arizona
- She’s also worked with City of Phoenix, Junior League of Arizona, and Shield of Faith Christian Center facilitating event debriefs and strategic planning and conducted presentation training sessions for Jokake’s superintendents.